Friday, May 4, 2012

The start of a new Journey

May 29th I will be boarding a 7:00 am plane (ew) leaving Atlanta, Georgia. Three stops, and 13 hours later I will be landing in Krakow Poland, the place where my adventure will begin. This is where I'll be starting training for my internship along with 73 other Americans. After training, and our own version of Amazing Race, we will be spreading out, all over Eastern Europe for the remainder of our Summers. The unknown can sometimes be intimidating, stepping out into an unfamiliar land, with unfamiliar people, most of which don't speak the same language, living, breathing, eating in a foreign land. And as I sit here thinking about all of this my heart is starting to beat a wee bit faster, not out of fear, but out of such great excitement. I say BRING ON THE UNFAMILIAR.

I am still having a hard time believing this is actually real life, how do I even begin to wrap my head around all that I will experience and learn over this summer. Ever since my first mission trip to Estonia in 2007 I've dreamt of being an intern, but I've always given myself an excuse, or something to hold me back; for the first time I have jumped in head first, setting my fears aside and just trusting in God's plan for me. It's beautiful how this opportunity has come together, and how incredibly lucky I am to have such a supportive  family and group of friends. So I'm making this blog for YOU, all the homies I love out there, for every person that has supported me financially, or in prayer, and for all the peeps that just want to know what I'm doing. if you know me, then you know how much I enjoy sharing my thoughts and feelings and although I semi hate writing because I feel like my writing skills suck, this will be one of the only ways I can share all that is going on while I'm overseas. So don't mind my lack of proper punctuation, sometimes choppy sentence fragments and RANDOM thoughts, because I'm sure there will be many to come :]


 keep me in your thoughts in prayers
and I'm excited y'all will be taking this journey with me.

your homegirl, daughter, friend, random stranger's blog you just so happened to stumble across
Megan Allen


T MINUS 25 DAYS


1 comment: